By Arie van Deursen, ICSE Steering Committee Chair
Are you interested in leading and organizing the 50th edition of the ICSE, the ACM/IEEE International Conference on Software Engineering, in 2028 in North America? If you are, please consider submitting a Letter-of-Interest to organize ICSE 2028! Details below, first deadline March 1st, 2024!
ICSE is the premier international forum for researchers and practitioners to present and discuss the most recent innovations, trends, outcomes, experiences, and challenges in the field of software engineering. ICSE 2028 will mark the 50th anniversary of ICSE.
The conference is hosted around the world, and 2028 is the year for ICSE to be hosted in a location in North America. (More information about the conference organization and the continent rotation scheme can be found at http://www.icse-conferences.org/ )
As ICSE’s vibrant and global community continues to grow, so does the number of potential hosting sites. To leverage such opportunities, the ICSE Steering Committee now invites the submission of Letters of Interest (LoI) to host ICSE in April 2028.
The letters are meant to inform the Steering Committee of potential available teams and sites and they are not binding. Please do not make any commitments to prospective venues or organizing members as the submission of the letter is just one piece in a more extensive evaluation process.
Submission Content. A one-page document must include:
- Submitter contact information. Submissions must come from academic organizers, not conference organizing organizations.
- Organizing core team. The proposed general chair should have conference leadership experience and strong standing in the ICSE community. Best case one general chair is proposed. Justify the specific need for two general chairs. A CV for the proposed general chair(s) can be provided as a separate document. The letter can include the names of other potential team members. Do not make any commitments to team members that they will be program chairs of the technical track or software engineering in practice track. These positions are voted on by the steering committee.
- City and potential venues
- Brief description of local software engineering community (academic and industrial) that would support and participate in the conference
- Attributes of the site that would make it appealing for attendees
- Expected impact to the local and global software engineering community
Submission deadline. 1 March 2024
Submission procedure. Email letter in pdf to the ICSE SC chair: email@example.com
Next steps: From the submitted LoIs, the ICSE SC will invite selected submitters to present their proposal at the SC meeting that will take place in April at ICSE in Lisbon.
Intent to Submit and Enquiries If you’re considering submitting please reach out to the ICSE SC chair to express your intent to submit or ask questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The text of this call is also available here.
We look forward to your proposals!
Disclaimer: The posts in the SIGSOFT Blog are written by individual contributors and any views or opinions represented in their posts are personal, belong solely to the blog authors and do not necessarily represent those of ACM SIGSOFT or ACM.